Saturday 23 March 2013

Dear Marilyns,

I wanted to write to you to review the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers, as they have got such a huge buzz about them right now. I wasn't sure about these, as I'm not a MASSIVE lipstick person. I love a cheeky red lip now and again but I'm not one for branching out into oranges or barbie pinks. I bought two different shades in the lip lacquers, the 'Luna' shade and 'Stellar'. There are eight colours in the range overall, and I wanted to get the ones that weren't your standard lipstick colour.


Pros - The colours of these lip lacquers are insane, they pop right off your face like it's literally been painted on, if you want your lips to really stand out, they're perfect. 


The shine is really nice, and the colour lasts a long time. 


They are fairly easy to apply, and are a really good price for a popular Rimmel product.


Cons - The consistency I thought was a little bit watery, I don't know whether this is just because I'm used to lipstick for colour more, but I felt like I was trying really hard not to go outside my lip line or get it all over my teeth! 


The colours are bright, but if you don't match it with the right eye make-up they can look a bit funny, either too garish if you don't get enough, or way too drag queen if you go for a smokey eye.


The shine doesn't last long, if you love these then they are definitely a handbag lip product as it is necessary to re-apply!



However, after a few cons, I still think these are cheap enough to get them just to experiment with the amazing colour palette, and try something bright and a bit wild!



Available from Rimmel at £5.99 each.


Hope you are feeling gorgeous this week, bat your eyelashes and simper!

No comments:

Post a Comment