Thursday 27 August 2009

Best Friends.

I had a conversation with my mother recently, in which she told me she was worried about how me and my best friend seem to latch onto each other, and have no time for anyone else in the world.

This isn't true, I'm not some loner with only one friend, but me and my best friend definitely are closer than any other people I've met, we see each other pretty much every single day, and don't tend to go out without each other, I always go on holiday with her, and in general we pretty much come as a pair.

I see this as a positive aspect in my life, pretty much the most positive, but a lot of other people think it's stupid, because they think that neither of us can now do anything by ourselves, and that we have come completely reliant on the other one.

You know what? I genuinely don't care if I am. When I broke up with my last boyfriend, I was crying more than I've ever cried before, I rang her up in the middle of the night and she answered on the first ring and immediatly knew what had happened, we talked about it and within half an hour I was laughing again.
It wasn't through any kind of denial, I just realised that it didn't matter, I don't need anyone as long as I have her friendship.

"A certain source once said we are too dependant on each other, that source is probably correct."

You are too cool my friend =]
x

No comments:

Post a Comment